W4H Sticky

W4H - 2nd Anniversary of the 470 Amateur Radio Group
Start Date: November 1, 2009
End Date: November 15, 2009
Frequencies:Voice - 24.450, 14.260, 7.260, 3.860
PSK31 - 14.070, 7.070.
QSL Info: Note the amateur's name and send QSL to the call that is working the W4H event. For example if you work me as W4H I will also give you my home call and tell you to QSL to me AJ4IJ.
More Info: The 470 Amateur Radio Group website

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Ladies Only!!

Ooh Ooh Ooh -- Guess what Tim found me??!! A YL's club! I'm sure that there are many out there, but I really liked this one. It's called Chick Factor International (W9YL) and is specifically designed for ladies, by ladies, and for the solid reason of empowering ladies on the radio.

I sent off my membership form, along with Ashby's, and sent the link to my Lady Friends on 2m. I know of at least one that will be sending off her form, too: My Late-Night Friend, Cathy (KI4YPO). The only requirement for membership is that you send a S.A.S.E. -- there are no dues.

So while I wait on my membership number to arrive, I'll just try to promote them via my blog! You may ask -- what's Chick Factor International all about??

Well -- From their site they describe themselves as the following:
"We have entered the world and hobby of men and have stood beside them, operated with them, and contested against and with the best of them. We have proven ourselves worthy of being called Hams.

We will spread the word of Amateur Radio to other women. We will light the flame of curiosity in other women’s hearts, hoping that the simple flame will grow into a full fire and in turn will lead them into Amateur Radio."

And what exactly is a Chick Factor???

According to their site... A Chick Factor is:

A female ham who understands her power in Amateur Radio, and is not afraid to get on the air and call CQ.

A female who is licensed in Amateur Radio.

A female, no matter what age, who is young at heart and not afraid to have fun with Amateur Radio

Now isn't that sweet!!

They also have a Chick Factorette category. It stands for:

A non-licensed female who is curious about the world of Amateur Radio.

A non-licensed female who has been on the air or is interested in doing so.


This is so great, and I'm so excited! That's exactly what I had in mind when I was searching for the right organization! I think Tim just happened upon them. He spotted their Mother Hen station on the DX watch, and promptly notified me. Now, I can't wait until my membership number arrives, and the club gets started on contests. They are a new club, but they're well off to a good start it seems.

No comments:

Scavenger Hunt Sticky

Thanks to all for helping me with the Scavenger Hunt!