W4H Sticky

W4H - 2nd Anniversary of the 470 Amateur Radio Group
Start Date: November 1, 2009
End Date: November 15, 2009
Frequencies:Voice - 24.450, 14.260, 7.260, 3.860
PSK31 - 14.070, 7.070.
QSL Info: Note the amateur's name and send QSL to the call that is working the W4H event. For example if you work me as W4H I will also give you my home call and tell you to QSL to me AJ4IJ.
More Info: The 470 Amateur Radio Group website

Friday, August 1, 2008

Feeling like a kid again...

I don't know what it is about Ham Radio, but everytime I learn something new, I feel like a kid again. A kid in a candy store with too many choices, to be exact. Today, though, I feel like a kid in a candy store filled with million dollar treats, and each and every one of them out of my reach.

I learned today that DX'pedition rentals exist. And not only do they exist, but they come with fully equipped shacks and mouthwatering antenna farms... oh and kitchens and bedrooms, too.


The thing is, now that I know they exist... it's just another thing I'll have to save up money for! HAHA I mean, I've always wanted to go to Alaska -- but imagine arriving at your place to stay after a long drive (that's right, drive -- I won't fly) to a fully integrated, equipped, calibrated, and stocked Ham Shack of your dreams. It didn't take but two words to really hook me on this one... Alaska and Kilowatts.

Imagine waking up in the afternoon with 70 degree weather, a nice hot cup of coffee, and a view like this:


Ahhhh... So refreshing!


Oh well... I suppose the QSL card that arrived today will have to suffice as the closest thing I'll get to Alaska today. Thanks goes out to WL7SJ for sending confirmation of our QSO and a little piece of his heaven.

1 comment:

Tim said...

MMMMMMMM coffee and kilowatts. That's what I call yummy.

When are we going?

73 de AJ4JD

Scavenger Hunt Sticky

Thanks to all for helping me with the Scavenger Hunt!