W4H Sticky

W4H - 2nd Anniversary of the 470 Amateur Radio Group
Start Date: November 1, 2009
End Date: November 15, 2009
Frequencies:Voice - 24.450, 14.260, 7.260, 3.860
PSK31 - 14.070, 7.070.
QSL Info: Note the amateur's name and send QSL to the call that is working the W4H event. For example if you work me as W4H I will also give you my home call and tell you to QSL to me AJ4IJ.
More Info: The 470 Amateur Radio Group website

Thursday, February 5, 2009

The Scoop Du Jour

Wow, I need to catch up here. The blog is running away faster than I can keep up!

Really, I've just been lazy. No, really! I have no excuse, except that I've let everything go far too long. Not just this blog, but just about everything. Graduating after nearly 7 years of school will do that to a person. Now, it's time for me to get my head back in the game. I hope that's a possibility!

I have news about Ashby. But before I do... We finally got our HF radio hooked up over here. It's been sitting at dad's since we bought it. Not collecting dust or anything though. He put it to good use while he had it. Probably misses it, to tell the truth, since his has some anomalous sound problem. Even baffled the Icom guy, but hopefully they'll figure it out soon enough.

We've been working on getting the antenna up. Failed miserably last weekend. I didn't fail... I was in the house, where the smart people go when boys play with bows, arrows, fishing reals, and 80 foot trees. *SMILE* Gladly, they didn't spear themselves... Really! Not even once! I know you still think I'm lying. Hey, it's still possible though. There is an arrow still in my pine tree, dangling dangerously with the slightest of every breeze. It'll be my luck, I just know it. I'll be working in the front flower garden or something, when some evil wind blows the arrow straight through my eye socket. Ewww, that's gross. Carrying on.

This weekend is supposed to bring very nice weather. *psst... always revert to the weather when topics run a little too wild* Maybe we can successfully get the antenna up!! I did go purchase a slingshot, some weights, and some better fishing line; although I'm not sure I'll be any safer around them with that.

Yes, I know... you want to hear the news about Ashby. Well, she won second place in the public speaking contest this past week. Her speech was about Amateur Radio, and she did very well! I was so proud of her. Too bad the "Sheep Boy" won first place. Shhh... don't repeat that!

Here's pictures of her, and a LINK to her speech, for those who would like to read it.



No comments:

Scavenger Hunt Sticky

Thanks to all for helping me with the Scavenger Hunt!