W4H Sticky

W4H - 2nd Anniversary of the 470 Amateur Radio Group
Start Date: November 1, 2009
End Date: November 15, 2009
Frequencies:Voice - 24.450, 14.260, 7.260, 3.860
PSK31 - 14.070, 7.070.
QSL Info: Note the amateur's name and send QSL to the call that is working the W4H event. For example if you work me as W4H I will also give you my home call and tell you to QSL to me AJ4IJ.
More Info: The 470 Amateur Radio Group website

Sunday, September 7, 2008

The Author of 1,000 Marbles - Jeff Davis

Well, I have to say, I'm usually taken aback when I get a comment. I rarely receive them, but it seems when I do they are of quality.

A couple days ago, I wrote about an email that I had received from my good friend, Cathy. I mentioned in it that it really made me think about my days left. I also quoted the email to share it with you.

Now, I'm happy to be able to say that the Author of 1,000 Marbles has found this excerpt and has introduced himself to me. Being the person that I am, I give credit where credit is due.

Mr. Jeff Davis, KE9V, wrote 1,000 Marbles many years ago as a short story. It wasn't long before everyone was using it... putting it in emails, requesting its use in newsletters, etc. (You can read more about Mr. Davis' story here: http://ke9v.net/stories/1000marbles.html) In 2001, and with what seemed to be a lot of work (and hopefully, not too many Saturdays full), Mr. Davis published "1,000 Marbles," which includes his short story and 1,000 unique and life-enriching ways to spend your day off.

I want to send out my thanks for Mr. Davis, who contacted me first (look at the comments on the Saturday's Marbles post), and point you all in the direction of this book.

The ISBN number on the book is 0740715534. I found used copies of it at Amazon and Barnes & Noble. I'm sure there are others floating around, and new copies at some other places, but it's just too darned early for me to hunt through them all.

73 to Mr. Davis, KE9V, and Kudos! to you for such a wonderful story!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

y was emailed a version in spanish and finished with a quote "LA MUERTE ESTA TAN SEGURA DE SU VICTORIA, QUE NOS DA TODA UNA VIDA DE VENTAJA".

Death is so sure of its victory that it gives us a whole life of advantage.

happy Christmas

Scavenger Hunt Sticky

Thanks to all for helping me with the Scavenger Hunt!