W4H Sticky

W4H - 2nd Anniversary of the 470 Amateur Radio Group
Start Date: November 1, 2009
End Date: November 15, 2009
Frequencies:Voice - 24.450, 14.260, 7.260, 3.860
PSK31 - 14.070, 7.070.
QSL Info: Note the amateur's name and send QSL to the call that is working the W4H event. For example if you work me as W4H I will also give you my home call and tell you to QSL to me AJ4IJ.
More Info: The 470 Amateur Radio Group website

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

A Wonderful Christmas *Gift* & Letter to Santa

Tim and I have been wishing and hoping for our very own HF rig for ... well.. since we got the bug. Things are starting to look up on the matter. I'm going this evening to get a 756Pro to try out. The nice OM is offering us a wonderful deal on this radio, and wants me to try it out a few days before I commit.

I, personally, can already tell you that I'm dead set on that radio. I know the man, he's a good guy, and he wouldn't offer anything that wasn't up to his standards... which happen to be very high. I'm not going to post the price, his name, or any information, but let's just say, it's a steal.

I've also got my heart set on a Lenovo IdeaPad... a netbook to run all the digital modes on. I don't know if I'll get it *really, I highly doubt it* but a girl can dream can't she!?!?

So... if we do purchase the radio... I'll have to further my Christmas List. So...

Santa, I hope you are doing well. I've been a very good girl this year, or at least I've tried to be. I would like to have the following, if you can find it in your bag:

~~ 100+ feet of 450 ohm Ladder Line
~~ 50+ feet of LMR400 UltraFlex (or the equivalent)
~~ Some wire for a couple dipoles
~~ A couple baluns -- or a good idea on how to build one that isn't too horribly hideous
~~ Some PL-259 connectors... if we don't already have some lying around
~~ Some insulators -- not necessary, just nice
~~ 2 Ice Lightning Arrestors
~~ 1 Cable (I don't even know what kind) to run the TigerTronics
~~ That Netbook previously mentioned
~~ A wireless fullsize keyboard & mouse - for typing *the netbook has wonderful portability, but I may need a full size keyboard so I don't "fat finger" everything I type*
~~ The nice Mission-Style desk and hutch I seen at Target :)
~~ And lastly -- If you could pull my daddy out the bag and have him teach me how to SUCCESSFULLY *and DON'T laugh!!* wire my speaker... Because, in all of this, you have to be bad at something. :)

No comments:

Scavenger Hunt Sticky

Thanks to all for helping me with the Scavenger Hunt!