W4H Sticky

W4H - 2nd Anniversary of the 470 Amateur Radio Group
Start Date: November 1, 2009
End Date: November 15, 2009
Frequencies:Voice - 24.450, 14.260, 7.260, 3.860
PSK31 - 14.070, 7.070.
QSL Info: Note the amateur's name and send QSL to the call that is working the W4H event. For example if you work me as W4H I will also give you my home call and tell you to QSL to me AJ4IJ.
More Info: The 470 Amateur Radio Group website

Thursday, November 27, 2008

Update to Olivia Post

Well, the dressing is in the oven, and it's almost time to start the 'Bird.' The pre-cooking is done, and the house smells of Pumpkin Pie, Apple Pie, and poultry seasoning. And all the while, I still wish I had an HF radio to sit down to this morning and wish everyone I can speak with (whether they celebrate it or not) a Happy Thanksgiving! This will have to do for now.

I also want to mention something that I... quite literally... stumbled upon. I was taking off my tennis shoes the other day, when I lost my balance, caught myself by placing my hand on the counter top, and as I did, I looked down. I had placed my hand upon December's QST magazine, which just so happened to be opened to the Olivia article I spoke about previously. And as coincidence seems to happen, my finger was pointing right at a name and callsign that I was familiar with. Gary L. Robinson, it said.... WB8ROL, it said... I stood in astonishment for a moment, then picked up the magazine to look. Sure enough, Gary had written the article about Olivia... the one that had us anxious to use it. Why is this important??? Gary was the nice OM I spoke with for my first Olivia contact! I couldn't believe my eyes....

I ran to living room, stumbling over the shoes again, and pointed out this anomaly to Tim. Now, it's either a very small world, or I'm one of the luckiest Ham women around... 'cause these coincidences keep happening to me!

Well, Gary -- I'm sorry I didn't realize before. I'm glad we had the conversation that we did, and the article (in my opinion) was great! Very informative, well written, and captivating. Thanks again, for the contact -- and another chance happening to add to my growing log of flukes!

No comments:

Scavenger Hunt Sticky

Thanks to all for helping me with the Scavenger Hunt!